A successful burglary was the root of this project on kickstarter, which offers an open source tracking device with onboard GSM shield for reporting back to the owner of the tracked device. The tracking board contains all hardware you need to find out who stole your TV set or Playstation (and where it is stored at the moment). In detail the board contains:
- GPS – An ultra sensitive -165dBm receiver with on board passive antenna that can be configured to a 10Hz update rate.
- GSM – SIM900 Quad band GSM module to connect to the GSM cellular network. Unlocked SIM card necessary (not included).
- USB Battery charger – charge rate set to 500mA by way of mini USB connector. Can be charged directly from most computers.
- Lipo Fuel Gauge – MAX17043 single cell lithium polymer fuel gauge.
- Accelerometer – BMA250 Triple axis +/-2 to +/-16g 10 bit accelerometer.
- Microcontroller – ATMega328p running at 3.3v 8MHz with the Arduino bootloader installed
- Power,GND,I2C,SPI,4 Analog/Digital and 1 digital IO pin headers
- Optional underside coin cell battery (CR1225) backup holder to retain GPS memory if main battery is disconnected